Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Pictures From Alaska

After having moved to Fairbanks, the Gulkana River has become something of the getaway river. Lots of good trout up stream, beautiful valley and the best Grayling fishing in the state (or so I've read). Also makes for a great class II/III rafting trip from the headwater to Sourdough.




My Dad made a trip up to Alaska to visit me for a month. I managed to clear my schedule for some adventures. From fishing Silver Salmon to fly fishing rainbows and hooking into some large lake trout. Covered a lot of the state with a bag full of lemon pepper and fishing rods. Bird Creek, Kenai River, Montana Creek, Cleer Creek, and even up to the Dietrich and Atigun Rivers. We hunted and shot black bear. We drove the Dalton Highway and hunted Brooks Range Dall Sheep where I took a couple long shots at a full curl Ram. We spent three straight weeks camping, fishing, and hunting Alaska in its best forms. here are thirty pictures I put up to highlight those three weeks. It was a blast!






Here are some random other pictures as well...






Lots of other slide shows to come when I get them uploaded..

No comments: