Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Hittin' Up Valdez for some Silvers


Well after the quick trip up north, we heard the Silver's were hitting good in Valdez so we turned around and went south a day after getting back from the Sag River. It turned out to be a rumor, there were Silver's but not in the number I am used to. We did manage to get a dozen or so in 15-18 pound range and had a black bear come into camp which I couldn't shoot cause it was a day before the season opened.. Go figure! We spent two nights in Valdez and then meandered back half way and camped for a third night before finally pushing back into Fairbanks. Today is Moose opener so I'm sure we will be driving around half assed looking for an easy Bull but I'm not too worried seeing that I got a freezer full of salmon and caribou. As always, Valdez was a blast. Makes me wonder why I turned down the job offer there... Such is life I suppose, decisions, decisions. Maybe next time...






2 comments:

löki gale said...

You are "we'ing" yourself.

Buddy said...

we was accurate. I took my dad along with.